Thursday, December 25, 2014

Quick Post

Hi all!
The biggest news this week is that my companion is going home early. It is a sudden surprise :/ She had 5 weeks left, but she got news that her grandmother got suddenly ill, so she is going home to be with her family for Christmas. She leaves tomorrow. I do not know who my new companion will be yet. I will stay in Beaverton though. I will really miss my companion! She has taught me so much and I love her bunches. She has been such a great missionary and finished strong!

One of our investigators is going to be baptized and quit smoking in 9 days! Every time we teach him, he never ceases to amaze me. The Lord has truly prepared him so well. He brightens my day every time I think about all the miracles we have experienced with him. We have one last lesson with him tonight before my comp. Leaves!

Secondly, ELDER BALLARD, an apostle of the Lord, is coming to our stake conference in January! (He is a President Ballard's father). I am so excited to get to meet one of the 12 apostles of the Lord. 

Miracle alert!
one of the members we are working with continues to make progress. He prayed this week in a lesson, twice actually, which is huge progress! Then, we had a lesson yesterday, and he also prayed to open that lesson.
Another miracle I would like to share is about our VC investigator. We had a wonderful lesson with her on Tuesday. We found out that she has been coming to church with two friends for over two months now, of her own choosing. She loves church and feels something special there. When we first met her, about 5 weeks ago, she has no hope, was super mad at God, and had no interest in the church. As she has come to church and come to the VC on Tuesdays, she is SO much happier and more hopeful. She is intrigued by the gospel and loves to soak in the information. She wants to keep learning and does mention the possibility of baptism way in the future. The VC is so wonderful. It truly makes a difference in people's lives.

It has been great to feel the spirit of Christmas this past week leading up to the 25th. I won't lie, I have had moments of homesickness, but if I had the chance to be with them for Christmas or be here, it wouldn't even be a choice. I would stay! 
I am So thankful for the Savior of the world and the gift He has given me in my life. I know this church is true, and I know that living a life centered on Christ is the only true way to true happiness and joy. I love you all so much and wish you all the best. Turn to the lord In everyone you do!

Quote of the Week:
"Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it." 

Merry Christmas!!
 Sister Bergman

No comments:

Post a Comment