Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Roller Coaster Week!

Hi everyone!  I hope you all are doing well!

This last week in the MTC has been a whirlwind. I will write some highlights.
 Sister Wilson and the rest of my District ( my class for the last 2 weeks) left this week. My companion and I got called as the Sister Training Leaders for our zone! It will be great to get to know them better until we leave.
We finished up our lessons with our investigators Melissa and Fabiola. My companion and I have grown super close to Melissa and we have ate lunch together a couple times. I will post a pic next week!
I got to sing with my companions in the choir for the Tuesday devotional, which was great! Sister Rosemary M. Wixom from the primary presidency spoke. We sang Lead, Kindly light.

Story time...
On Tuesday, I brought my camera to lunch to take some pics, and later realized I had left it on my tray and put it on the line to be thrown away. We checked the front desk multiple times, but no camera! :/ Some of you may remember how I did the same thing with my glasses in 3rd grade...
I'm VERY happy to say we checked Wednesday morning with the cafeteria employees and they had found it! Thank goodness! I know the Lord cares about even the smallest of our worries. :)

We started training for the Portland Temple visitor Center on Wednesday, which has been great! Its exciting to learn what I will be doing each day for the next 18 months. On Saturday we will get to work with the Sisters on Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We learned that only 2% of all missionaries get to serve at a Visitor's center, so I'm very excited! I also learned that we will get to go to the temple about once every 6 weeks - that is great news!

I have been learning a lot about the Savior's Atonement this week. His sacrifices for us are so much farther reaching than we can ever imagine. I am so grateful for the opportunity He has given us to repent and be clean enough to return to live with God. I'm also grateful that Jesus Christ has experienced every sickness we could possible imagine!
This has been especially relevant to me since on Wednesday, I started having a stomach ache, which turned into food poisoning! My companion was SO kind and helpful. She took care of me and made sure I was comfortable as I relived my day's meals... I was miserable all night and didn't sleep, so we missed most of Thursday's classes and I slept. We made it to the last class, where I slept and she took notes. Haha. I ate a half a bag of goldfish and a bottle of water that whole day.

I feel a little better today and was able to eat some carrots and soup.

I know the Lord has a plan for all of us and desires us to be happy. There is a purpose to our lives now and afterwards. I know if we turn to the Lord in prayer, He will answer us, bring us comfort, and help us feel His love. He will help us in whatever trials we struggle with. I know this Gospel is the greatest blessing we can EVER share.

I leave for the Mission field on Monday! I am super excited :) Hopefully our plane does not get delayed since it is supposed to snow Monday!

Till next week, 

Sister Bergman

No comments:

Post a Comment